Friday, December 2, 2011

Goals for 2012

Although it's hard to find time to sit down and read when I'd rather spend time with my family, I am going to make some goals which do not seem too daunting. I'd like to read six book in 2012 (I think this is a nice, low number that should be no problem to accomplish). Three books are written by Christians and three are written by skeptics. Here's my list as it stands at the moment:

1) Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
2) Forged by Bart Ehrman
3) Reasonable Faith by W. L. Craig
4) Why I became an Atheist by J.W. Loftus
5) The reason for God by Timothy Keller
6) The human faces of God by Thom Stark

I'm not sure which order I'll read them in. Even though I've seen some of these at the library, I may end up buying them - I usually don't have enough time to read a book before it's due back.

2 comments:

  1. Nice choices Dave. The book by Stark is excellent (he makes the best case against bible inerrancy that I have ever read). Why I Became an Atheist is also very good, and of course Reasonable Faith & Mere Christianity are "classics" in their own way (I haven't read Keller's book).

    I'd also recommend Ehrman's "Jesus Interrupted" (it essentially summarizes his core beliefs) and "God's Problem" (on the problem of suffering specifically).

    I look forward to reading your thoughts on these books, if you choose to blog about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RA, yes I will be blogging about my thoughts on these books and anything else that pops in my head. Have you read Ehrman's "Forged"? I was wondering if there is a lot of overlap between it and "Jesus Interrupted". If there's not then I will probably add that to my list.

    ReplyDelete